Traffic Information Sues Nine Banks and Two Car Service Companies with Traffic Prediction Patent
Traffic Information filed eleven separate suits against Comercia, Fifth Third Bancorp, FMR, Hertz, Jiffy Lube International, Regions Financial, SunTrust Banks, TD Bank, U.S. Bancorp, USAA Federal Savings Bank, and Western Union alleging that traffic information related products and/or services sold by the defendant companies infringe a patent related to providing traffic information over a network (6,785,606). Traffic has sued over 85 companies and has been subject to three declaratory judgment actions relating to the ’606 patent and one other (6,466,862) between 2007 and 2012. Targeted defendants have included GPS manufacturers, car companies, and major cell phone manufacturers, including Apple, AT&T, HTC, Honda, Huawei, Pantech, RIM, Samsung, Sony, and Sony Ericsson. It was reported by Bloomberg that Traffic has successfully reached settlement and license agreements with several companies including Google, RIM, Sony Ericsson and others. The patent-in-suit was assigned to Traffic in November 2007 by the named inventors, Oregon patent lawyers Kevin Russell and Bruce DeKock. A re-examination certificate for the patent-in-suit was issued on December 6, 2011. 2/11, Eastern District of Texas, 2:2013cv00124; 2:2013cv00123; 2:2013cv00122; 2:2013cv00121; 2:2013cv00120; 2:2013cv00119; 2:2013cv00118; 2:2013cv00117; 2:2013cv00116; 2:2013cv00115; 2:2013cv00114.
- Traffic Information, LLC v. SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Traffic Information, LLC v. The Western Union Company
- Traffic Information, LLC v. U.S. Bancorp
- Traffic Information, LLC v. TD Bank N.A.
- Traffic Information, LLC v. FMR LLC
- Traffic Information, LLC v. Comerica Bank
- Traffic Information, LLC v. Regions Financial Corporation
- Traffic Information, LLC v. Fifth Third Bancorp
- Traffic Information, LLC v. The Hertz Corporation
- Traffic Information, LLC v. USAA Federal Savings Bank