IP Nav’s Clear with Computers Sues Seven More Web-based Retailers
Clear with Computers (CWC), an enforcement entity controlled by IP Nav, filed seven separate suits against American Eagle Outfitters, Forty Niners Football Company, Helly Hanson, Levi Strauss & Company, MLB Advanced Media, NFL Enterprises, and Spanx alleging that the defendants’ websites infringe a patent related to inventory system software. Since 2004, CWC has filed more than 20 prior suits against over 230 defendants. The patent-in-suit was issued to IPNav affiliate Presentation Specialist Technologies on September 11, 2012. On September 12, 2012, CWC filed suit against six companies that use web-based technologies, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, The Finish Line, Foot Locker, Hugo Boss, Mercedes-Benz, and Tory Burch. 12/20, Eastern District of Texas, assigned to Judge Leonard Davis, 6:2012cv00945; 6:2012cv00946; 6:2012cv00947; 6:2012cv00948; 6:2012cv00949; 6:2012cv00950, 6:2012cv00951.
- Clear With Computers LLC v. Forty Niners Football Company LLC
- Clear With Computers LLC v. American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Clear With Computers LLC v. Helly Hanson (U.S.) Inc
- Clear With Computers LLC v. Levi Strauss & Co
- Clear With Computers LLC v. Spanx Inc.
- Clear With Computers LLC v. NFL Enterprises LLC
- Clear With Computers LLC v. MLB Advanced Media LP