Pragmatus Telecom Sues More Companies in Live Chat Campaign
Pragmatus Telecom filed 13 separate suits against AOL, Bosch, DISH Network, Elavon, EMC, goEmerchant, L.L. Bean, Mediacom, Nordstrom, PerkinElmer, Philips, Staples and Starwood Hotels & Resorts alleging that live chat services provided by the defendants on their websites infringe three patents related to contact center communications. Pragmatus Telecom has filed more than 30 prior suits since November 2011 against more than 40 defendants, many of which have been customers of LivePerson and LogMeIn. LivePerson and LogMeIn have both filed suits for declaratory judgment against Pragmatus Telecom. The three patents-in-suit involved in the newly filed complaints by Pragmatus originated with The New Brunswick Telephone Company and were assigned to Bell Aliant Regional Communications in October 2009. In August 2011, Bell Aliant assigned four patents and one application including the three patents-in-suit to Pragmatus Telecom. Pragmatus Telecom is the most recent Pragmatus patent enforcement entity. Others include Pragmatus AV and Pragmatus VOD. In August 2011, RPX obtained sublicense rights to the Bell Aliant portfolio for RPX clients at the time of acquisition. 12/5, District of Delaware, 1:2012cv01649, 1:2012cv01650, 1:2012cv01651, 1:2012cv01652, 1:2012cv01653, 1:2012cv01654, 1:2012cv01655, 1:2012cv01656, 1:2012cv01657, 1:2012cv01658, 1:2012cv01659, 1:2012cv01660, 1:2012cv01661.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. AOL. Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. Bosch Security Systems Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. goEmerchant LLC
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. Staples Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. Nordstrom Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. PerkinElmer Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. LL Bean Inc.
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. EMC Corporation
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. Dish Network Corporation
- Pragmatus Telecom LLC v. Elavon Inc.