Telecomm Innovations Asserts Open Market Patents in 12 New Suits
Telecomm Innovations filed 12 separate suits against Best Data Products, Dell, Diamond Multimedia, Hiro, IC Intracom, Lantronix, Multi-Tech Systems, Socket Mobile, StarTech.com, TP-Link, TRENDnet, US Robotics, and Zoom Technologies, alleging that the defendants’ fax-capable products and products that incorporate dial-up modems infringe two patents related to adaptive signal precoding. Telecomm Innovations filed 16 prior suits earlier this month. RPX reviewed the patents-in-suit as part of an open market opportunity (Zhone) that was offered for sale by Robert Westerlund in August 2009. The patents-in-suit were issued to AT&T in 1995 and later assigned by Zhone Technologies to Patent Business Development in February 2011 along with 40 other patents. In March 2012 the patents-in-suit and four additional patents were assigned by Patent Business Development to Clearwater Innovations. Clearwater subsequently assigned the patents-in-suit and two additional patents to Telecomm Innovations in October 2012. 10/15, District of Delaware, no judge yet assigned, 1:2012cv01326; 1:2012cv01327; 1:2012cv01328; 1:2012cv01329; 1:2012cv01330; 1:2012cv01331; 1:2012cv01332; 1:2012cv01333; 1:2012cv01334; 1:2012cv01335; 1:2012cv01336; 1:2012cv01337.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. Best Data Products Inc. et al
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. StarTech.com Ltd. et al
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. IC Intracom USA LLC et al
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd, et al.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. Hiro Inc.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. TRENDnet Inc.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. Lantronix Inc.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. Zoom Technologies Inc., et al.
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. US Robotics Corporation
- Telecomm Innovations LLC v. Socket Mobile Inc.