Mobile Logistics Files Nine Suits over RFID Use
Mobile Logistics [NPE] filed nine separate suits against Costco Wholesale, Excel, H.F. Campbell & Son, J.B. Hunt Transport, Knight Transportation, Old Dominion Freight Line, Prime, Schenker, and Tyco Electronics, alleging that the defendants’ use of RFID tag units for locating a trailer infringe a patent related to a trailer communication system. Mobile Logistics has filed 11 prior patent infringement suits since July 2012 against Americold Logistics, Cost Plus, Dimension Trucking Services, FedEx, Kraft Foods Global, Kimberly-Clark, Marten Transport, Nestle USA, Shaw Industries, SuperValu, and Transfreight. The patent-in-suit originated with Highwaymaster Communications and was assigned to Mobile Logistics by Apache Innovations in May 2012. 8/1, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, assigned to Judge Gene E.K. Pratter, 2:2012cv04340, 2:2012cv04341; Southern District of Texas, no judge yet assigned, 4:2012cv02292, 4:2012cv02294, 4:2012cv02295, 4:2012cv02296, 4:2012cv02297, 4:2012cv02298, 4:2012cv02301.
- MOBILE LOGISTICS, LLC v. H.F. CAMPBELL & SON, INC.
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. CostcoWholesale Corporation
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
- MOBILE LOGISTICS, LLC v. TYCO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. Knight Transportation, Inc.
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. Schenker, Inc.
- Mobile Logistics, LLC v. Prime, Inc.