Novo Transforma Campaign Sues Seven Wireless Carriers
Novo Transforma Technologies filed seven new suits this week against AT&T, Verizon, Iowa Wireless Services, Sprint, T-Mobile, TracFone Wireless, and United States Cellular Corp. Defendants’ multimedia messaging products are accused of infringing a patent related to communications through different media such as e-mail and fax (5,826,034). Novo has asserted the ‘034 patent in 23 suits against more than 14 parent companies, all wireless carriers, since April 2013. The patent-in-suit originates from AT&T/Lucent spin out Paradyne, which was acquired by Zhone Technologies in September 2005. Novo Transforma appears to be one of at least ten enforcement campaigns that have been launched since Zhone assigned 58 patents to Robert Westerlund’s Patent Business Development in February 2011. The ‘034 patent was assigned to Clearwater Innovations in May 2012, then to Internet Voice Solutions, and finally to Novo Transforma in June 2013. 5/16, Delaware District Court, 1:14cv00610, 1:14cv00611, 1:14cv00612, 1:14cv00613, 1:14cv00614, 1:14cv00615, 1:14cv00616
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. AT & T Mobility LLC
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. Iowa Wireless Services LLC
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. Sprint Spectrum L.P. et al
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. T-Mobile US Inc.
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. TracFone Wireless Inc.
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. United States Cellular Corporation
- Novo Transforma Technologies LLC v. Cellco Partnership