LBS’s Location-Based Services Campaign Continues with Two New Cases
Empire IP LLC affiliate LBS Innovations, LLC filed two new suits, naming Foursquare (2:14-cv-00697) and Gasbuddy (2:14-cv-00698) as defendants in an ongoing campaign. The suits assert a single patent (6,091,956) and accuse defendants’ websites, which incorporate a location interface for users, of infringing the asserted patent. The ’956 patent, broadly related to the provision of location-based services, including advertisements and entertainment, to mobile devices, has been at issue in each of LBS’s suits. LBS’s campaign began in 2011 and includes more than two dozen cases. Past defendants include Costco, JP Morgan, Target, and Wells Fargo. 6/18, Eastern District of Texas.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics