Game Makers File in California, One Day Before Acceleration Bay Refiles in Delaware
On June 3, 2016, District Judge Richard Andrews issued an order indicating that the court would dismiss three lawsuits brought by Acceleration Bay LLC against Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, and Take-Two Interactive Software if Boeing, the original assignee of the patents-in-suit, did not join the cases within 14 days. The Delaware court ruled that the purchase agreement between Boeing and Acceleration Bay did not confer sufficient rights for the NPE to establish prudential standing to sue on its own. A race to refile began—a race that the defendants won by one day.
- Activision | Blizzard, Inc. v. Acceleration Bay LLC
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. et al v. Acceleration Bay LLC
- Electronic Arts Inc. v. Acceleration Bay LLC
- Acceleration Bay LLC v. Activision Blizzard Inc.
- Acceleration Bay LLC v. Electronic Arts Inc.
- Acceleration Bay LLC v. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. et al