Somaltus’s Campaign Shifts Gears to Focus on Rechargeable Portable Computing Battery Systems
Somaltus LLC has resuscitated its battery service system campaign with new suits against Apple (2:16-cv-00758), ASUS (2:16-cv-00758), Lenovo (2:16-cv-00758), Samsung (2:16-cv-00758), Sony (2:16-cv-00758), and Toshiba (2:16-cv-00758). The complaints assert a single patent (7,657,386) generally related to determining and optimizing the life of a battery and relaying test data to a user. Earlier cases in the campaign targeted automakers (asserting the ‘386 patent against Ford, Nissan) and battery service system providers (asserting a related patent, 8,131,487, against Auto Meter Products, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions, Cadex Electronics), while infringement allegations in the new complaints focus on the battery operations within the defendants’ smartphones and other portable computing products.
- Somaltus, LLC v Auto Meter Products, Inc
- Somaltus, LLC v. Bosch Automotive Service Solutions LLC
- Somaltus, LLC v. Cadex Electronics, Inc.
- Somaltus, LLC v. Ford Motor Company
- Somaltus, LLC v. Nissan North America, Inc.
- Somaltus, LLC v. ASUS Computer International
- Somaltus, LLC v. Lenovo Group, Ltd. et al
- Somaltus, LLC v. Apple, Inc.
- Somaltus, LLC v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. et al
- Somaltus, LLC v. Sony Corporation of America