Network Router Campaign Shifts Gears to Target Certain Smart TVs
In March 2019, Cassiopeia IP LLC joined a growing list of other IP Edge affiliates to assert patents received from Siemens in litigation, accusing China Huaxin Post & Telecommunication Economy Development Center (Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise), HP Enterprise (Aruba Networks), and Western Digital of infringement through provision of networking products that maintain a list of discovered network services, including DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) services, that have advertised their availability within a network. The NPE has now added three more cases, this time accusing Best Buy (1:19-cv-00799), TTE Technology (1:19-cv-00800), and Westinghouse Electric (1:19-cv-00801) over the provision of smart TVs that support media casting using the DIAL protocol. Cassiopeia IP is an affiliate of Texas monetization firm IP Edge LLC.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics