Mesa Digital Expands Smartphone Campaign after USPTO Issues Yet Another Patent in the Asserted Family
Mesa Digital LLC has expanded its long-running campaign, litigated by three different, affiliated plaintiffs, suing Apple (3:19-cv-02403) in the Northern District of California, LG Electronics (LGE) (3:19-cv-00823) in the Southern District of California, and Samsung (1:19-cv-03957) in the Eastern District of Texas. The complaints all assert three patents generally related to “multimedia” mobile devices; they belong to a large and growing family, other members of which have been concurrently asserted by Ortiz & Associates Consulting, LLC (OAC). The new suits have been filed as prior cases—against Alphabet (Google), HP Inc., and Huawei—have ended and as the District of Delaware considers an Alice challenge to the patents that the plaintiff has asserted, there against Roku, as patent-ineligibly drawn to the abstract idea of “transmitting data over a network to a display device”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics