Hotspot Campaign Snags Second Defendant
Roughly one week after suing Apple in the Northern District of California, WiNet Labs LLC has asserted the same patent, generally related to a hierarchical protocol for forming an “ad-hoc network", against Samsung (1:19-cv-3903), filing the second suit of the NPE’s only campaign in the Southern District of New York. WiNet Labs targets the provision on the Galaxy S4 smartphone of Group Play, a content-sharing feature where a “group leader” creates a group, which generates a Wi-Fi access point that other participants connect to, allowing them to share music, photos, documents, and games.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics