Four Semiconductor Patents, of Familiar Named Inventorship, Asserted by Plaintiff New to Litigation
- May 4, 2019
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Semiconductors
Samsung (2:19-cv-00147) has been sued by Greenthread, LLC, a Texas NPE, over a four-patent family generally related to CMOS semiconductor devices with “graded dopant regions”. In January 2019, Greenthread granted a security interest in the patents to Patent Capital Funding 2018 – Series 1A, LLC, an entity formed in Delaware last November, years after Greenthread received the family from sole named inventor G.R. Mohan Rao, whose patents have been asserted in litigation by multiple NPEs. Greenthread accuses Samsung of infringement through the provision of various semiconductor products that allegedly contain “graded dopant regions”.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!