Kannuu Asserts Smart TV and DVD Search Patents in New Suit
Kannuu Pty Ltd., an Australian company, has filed suit against various subsidiaries of Samsung (1:19-cv-04297) in the Southern District of New York over three patents from a seven-member family generally related to selecting an item from a database, as well as a fourth patent not related by prosecution but of similar subject matter. The complaint targets the provision of certain search functionality on various smart TVs and Blu-ray DVD players. Kannuu also pleads breach of a nondisclosure agreement between the parties, based on the recitation of a history of interactions between the companies, beginning in 2012.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics