IV Appears Poised for Further Divestitures
- May 17, 2019
Category: Patent Market, Patent Watch
As reported repeatedly as the assignment of its patents have been recorded with the USPTO and as compiled in a comprehensive report on RPX Insight, Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) has accelerated its divestiture of patent portfolios over the past couple of years. The transacted patents have flowed to various NPEs, some of them already well known to litigation and some that appear to be new to patent monetization. Other IV patents have been picked up by operating companies. Whatever their planned destinations, currently available USPTO assignment records suggest that the flow of patents, some for possible assertion in litigation, will not dry up any time soon.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!