Uniloc’s Messaging Apps and Software Licensing Campaigns Keep Expanding
A month after Uniloc USA, Inc. and Uniloc Luxembourg S.A. (collectively, Uniloc) added cases against Avaya and ShoreTel to its messaging apps campaign, the NPE has sued Telegram Messenger (2:16-cv-00892) and Vonage (2:16-cv-00893). Five patents (7,535,890; 8,199,747; 8,243,723; 8,724,622; 8,995,433) acquired from patent monetization firm Empire IP LLC in June 2016 have been asserted, with all five now at issue against Telegram Messenger and all but the ‘723 patent at issue against Vonage. Uniloc accuses the defendants of infringement through provision of a messaging platform: the Telegram and Vonage Mobile apps.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics