IP Edge Files First Litigation over Recently Acquired Digital Camera Patent
IP Edge LLC has now asserted in litigation a fourth of the roughly dozen patents that the Texas monetization firm received from Huawei in February of this year. Apparent IP Edge affiliate Theta Chip LLC has sued Canon (2:19-cv-00199), Fujifilm (1:19-cv-04966), Nikon (1:19-cv-04969), Olympus (1:19-cv-00995), and Sigma (1:19-cv-04971) in various districts across the country. The NPE asserts a single patent, generally related to digital cameras, calling out the Canon EOS M3, Fujifilm X-E1, Nikon Coolpix S800c, Olympus TG-3, and Sigma SD1 Merrill Digital SLR cameras as accused products. Theta Chip joins Bexley Solutions LLC (targeting routers), Devine Licensing LLC (targeting query optimization), and Saros Licensing LLC (targeting smart home appliances) in litigating patents transacted in that February 2019 set of assignments from Huawei.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics