MDL Panel Orders Subset of MTel Cases to Delaware for Pretrial Proceedings
- August 13, 2016
The Panel on Multidistrict Litigation has issued an order centralizing 14 cases involving Mobile Telecommunications Technologies, LLC (MTel) for pretrial proceedings before District Judge Leonard Stark in Delaware. In early January, MTel filed separate complaints in Texas asserting three patents (5,590,403; 5,659,891; 5,915,210) against Bright House, Brocade, Charter, Cox, HPE (Aruba Networks), Juniper Networks, and Time Warner Cable. Three months later, ARRIS, Bright House, and UBEE Interactive filed declaratory judgment actions in Delaware, shortly after which MTel filed affirmative complaints back in Texas against Aerohive, Firetide, Ruckus Wireless, UBEE, and Xirrus. Under the Panel’s order, all of these cases will now be transferred to Delaware where MTel’s accusations against the defendants’ 802.11 standard compliant products will proceed.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics