Reflection Code Opens Up Michigan Front in Barcode Campaign
- August 18, 2016
Reflection Code LLC has filed another round of suits in its barcode technology campaign, adding nine separate complaints against Abbvie (Abbott Laboratories), Bunn-O-Matic, Char-Broil, Diversified Dynamics (d/b/a HomeRight), Edgecraft, Electrolux Home Care Products, Farouk Systems, First Act, and John Soules Foods. The complaints allege that through the use of two-dimensional barcode devices, such as quick response codes (QR codes), the companies directly infringe claims of one patent (8,733,657) and indirectly infringe claims of two others (7,963,446; 8,763,907). Filed in the Eastern District of Michigan, the new complaints represent a change of venue from the Eastern District of Texas, where the NPE’s earlier suits were filed.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics