Sentius Lays Claim to the “Red Squiggly”, This Time Suing IBM
- August 25, 2016
After cases filed against BlackBerry and Corel, Sentius International, LLC has filed its third lawsuit of 2016 asserting two reissue patents (RE40,731; RE43,633) generally related to parsing and annotating document text. The new complaint (2:16-cv-00942) accuses IBM of infringement through provision of its Connections, Lotus Notes, and Lotus Symphony software products, which include what Sentius characterizes as a “‘red squiggly’ spell check feature”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics