Biometric Authentication Campaign Launched over Former IV Patent
- June 25, 2019
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Consumer Electronics and PCs
Biometric Technology Holdings LLC, a Delaware entity created in early June 2019, has filed its first litigation, accusing Iris ID Systems (2:19-cv-14240) of infringing a single patent generally related to biometric authentication through comparing the results on a sensor and stored data on a “smart card”. The defendant is targeted over its provision of the IrisAccess 7000 authentication system, which comprises the iDATA EAC software and iCAM series of iris recognition cameras. Biometric Technology Holdings is an affiliate of new entrant to monetization, LF Capital Partners, LLC, which picked up a portfolio of over 50 US patent assets from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in December 2018.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!