Bluetooth-Enabled Phones Targeted in Cypaleo’s Latest Round of Litigation
- August 25, 2016
Avaya (2:16-cv-00945), Grandstream Networks (2:16-cv-00946), Polycom (2:16-cv-00948), and Snom (2:16-cv-00949) are the latest companies to be sued in Cypaleo LLC’s sole litigation campaign. The NPE asserts a single, former Xerox patent (5,638,427) generally related to a networked device for monitoring a machine, the device having multiple communication interfaces. These new complaints bring the number of defendants in the campaign over 25; while past infringement allegations focused on smartphones, tablets, and gaming laptops, Bluetooth-enabled phones with USB ports (e.g. Avaya’s 1140E IP Desk Phone, Grandstream’s GXV3275, Polycom’s VVX600, and Snom’s 760 Desk Telephone) are now at issue.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics