Cloud-Based Multimedia Platform at Issue in Third LF Capital Partners Campaign
Three affiliates of LF Capital Partners, LLC have launched litigation campaigns in the space of a month, each over patents received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in December 2018. Computing Resource Technology LLC (CRT), a recently formed LF Capital affiliate, is the latest to do so; on June 28, the NPE sued Forbidden Technologies (d/b/a Blackbird) (1:19-cv-01237) over a single patent generally related to exchanging and manipulating multimedia files in a distributed computing environment. Blackbird is accused of infringement through the provision of its video platform, with CRT also calling out the inclusion of online video-editing software, FORscene.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics