Apple Sued over Certain iOS Battery Management Features
LBT IP I LLC has filed a District of Delaware suit against Apple (1:19-cv-01245) over five patents generally related to portable location-tracking devices. The plaintiff targets the provision of iPads and iPhones, with iOS battery management features (e.g., low power mode and related features that reduce power consumption based on the device’s tracked location or whether the device has been placed face down on a surface) at issue. A board member of Southern California-headquartered Location Based Technologies, Inc. has signed for LBT IP I as its manager and president.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics