Recently Recorded Assignments Include Two Semi Portfolio Acquisitions by Quarterhill, Perhaps Signaling New Litigation to Come
- July 26, 2019
Category: Patent Market, Patent Watch
Quarterhill Inc. acquired over 1,000 US assets from two major semiconductor foundries in late 2018/early 2019, according to USPTO records released this month. The transacted portfolios include patents originating with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), DB HiTek, GlobalFoundries, IBM, Renesas, and STMicro. While the assignments were executed in November 2018/January 2019, they were only recently recorded with the USPTO—possibly in preparation for litigation by Quarterhill.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!