University of California Taps Longford Capital to Fund LED Lighting Campaign
An LED light bulb campaign begun in 2016 by The Regents of the University of California has been rebooted, this time with funding by litigation finance firm Longford Capital. On July 30, The Regents filed a wave of lawsuits against Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ikea, Target, and Walmart in the Central District of California, alleging infringement of a group of four patents developed by a “Nobel laureate-led team” at the University of Santa Barbara. The defendants are accused of infringement through provision of filament LED light bulbs, sales of which—according to The Regents, which have also filed a complaint with the International Trade Commission (ITC)—are expected to exceed $1B in the US this year.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics