NPE Launches Campaign Targeting Ink Cartridges with Patent Acquired from IV
DrivePrint LLC, a Texas entity formed in April of this year, has filed its first lawsuit, alleging in a new Southern District of Texas complaint that HP (4:19-cv-02786) has infringed a single patent generally related to printhead cartridges “with asymmetrical contacts”. At issue is HP’s provision of certain ink cartridges, including the HP 63 Black, HP 64 Black, HP 65 Black, and Tri-Color cartridges. DrivePrint pleads ownership of the patent-in-suit, which currently available USPTO records suggest was last held by an affiliate of Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics