Website User Authentication Campaign Hits Facebook
Facebook (4:19-cv-04355) has become the fifth defendant sued in the new litigation campaign of Utah plaintiff TransactionSecure, L.L.C., which hit DeviantArt, Fitbit, Microsoft (GitHub), and Stripe earlier in July. The defendants are accused of infringement through the use of the OAuth 2.0 protocol, a user authentication framework, on their respective websites, in this new case focusing on its use by Instagram. The asserted patent broadly concerns authenticating a user’s identity using a “trusted entity” with a repository that holds the user’s personal information.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics