Acacia Joins VIEX Capital as an Activist Investor in Immersion
- August 2, 2019
Category: Patent Market, Patent WatchMarket Sector: Consumer Electronics and PCs
Immersion Corporation’s CEO Ramzi Haidamus told investors on August 1 that with its last outstanding lawsuit settled, the company—which he said has been “mired” in “constant” patent litigation for the past 17 years—can now focus on a strategic initiative to drive long-term value for its shareholders. However, despite having settled its litigation against Samsung and, most recently, Motorola Mobility, Immersion may need to gear up for a new battle, this one with large investors VIEX Capital Advisors and Acacia Research Corporation.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!