More Recent Patent in Hand, MONKEYmedia Resumes Litigation, This Time Against TiVo
Roughly one year after the dismissal of an Eastern District of Texas case against Samsung over the same family of patents, MONKEYmedia, Inc. has filed suit against TiVo (3:19-cv-04610) in the Northern District of California. The asserted patents include the three in suit against Samsung, generally related to emphasizing or de-emphasizing certain content in a multimedia environment, and the most recent family member, broadly concerning streaming media on a “media player” through wireless communication with a remote server. The NPE accuses TiVo of infringement through the provision of TiVo mobile apps, TiVo software, and TiVo set-top boxes. MONKEYmedia has identified two nonparties having an interest in the outcome of its litigation against TiVo.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics