Ancora Opens Up a Fourth Front in Its Long-Running Mobile Devices Campaign
With its new cases, filed separately last week against Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (1:19-cv-01712) and Sony (1:19-cv-01703) in the District of Delaware, Ancora Technologies Inc. is now actively waging its sole litigation campaign in four districts. A favorable Federal Circuit opinion revived a case over the sole patent-in-campaign—generally related to preventing unauthorized use of software on a computer—against HTC in the Western District of Washington, while June 2019 cases against LG Electronics and Samsung are getting underway in the Western District of Texas and an August 2019 suit against TCL is in the earliest stages in the Eastern District of that state. Throughout its operative complaints, Ancora targets the provision of myriad mobile devices (e.g., smartphones and tablets), calling out “over-the-air software update” features on such devices.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics