Named Inventor, Through a California Entity with Financial Backing, Targets Apple’s AirPods and Powerbeats Pro Products
Inventor-controlled Pinn, Inc. has filed suit in the Central District of California against Apple (8:19-cv-01805), alleging infringement of a single patent generally related to interaction between “wireless earbuds” (housed in “main body”) and a smartphone. The plaintiff identifies Apple’s AirPods and Powerbeats Pro as the accused products, further providing notice of alleged practice of forthcoming claims in two published applications related to the patent-in-suit. Pinn pleads in its complaint that it first contacted Apple about its technology in October 2016.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics