For Patents to Assert in Its First New Campaign in Years, Acacia Returns to Familiar Well
Targeted Radio LLC has filed suit against Qurate Retail Group (f/k/a Liberty Interactive) (Pandora Media) (3:19-cv-02299), kicking off what appears to be the first new litigation campaign of its parent company Acacia Research Corporation in over four years. The plaintiff—as their exclusive licensee—asserts two patents that broadly pertain to providing advertisements on an “Internet radio” based on a mobile device’s location data, with infringement allegations focused on the provision of targeted advertisements provided to users while using the Pandora Radio service. In the wake of a leadership shakeup, Acacia appears poised for a return to its prior level of assertion activities, including in federal district court.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics