Litigation of Bandspeed Patents Passes the Decade Mark
Bandspeed, LLC has kept alive its litigation over a long-asserted portfolio of patents, suing Cypress Semiconductor (1:19-cv-00936) in a new case filed on the heels of notices of settlement in the last two open suits in the campaign, one against each of Curtis International and NXP Semiconductors. The portfolio generally relates to managing communication channels through frequency hopping and transmission power control, with Bandspeed identifying representative Cypress products (the CYW20819 Bluetooth (BT) microcontroller and the PSoC MCU, respectively) that allegedly infringe through the practice of certain Bluetooth standards. Litigation over this portfolio reaches back over a decade, when the prior owner Bandspeed, Inc. (BSI), the operating assets of which were later purchased by Broadcom, launched a campaign that had hit over three dozen defendants by its late 2017 end.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics