Another Inventor-Backed NPE Opens Up a Wireless Earbuds Campaign
Inventor-controlled Snik LLC has filed its first lawsuit, asserting two patents broadly pertaining to an earphone device with a magnetic “holder body” that activates when it senses decoupling from the magnets. Samsung (6:19-cv-00458) is accused of infringement through the provision of Level U Pro, Level U Pro Active Noise Cancelling, and Galaxy Buds wireless earphones. At issue are the magnetic wireless charging cases for the devices. Snik pleads that “in or about March and April of 2018” Samsung was made aware of the patents-in-suit “in writing and in at least one face-to-face meeting”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics