First Litigation over Wireless Communications Portfolio, Acquired from IV, Targets NEC
Early last week, Terrestrial Comms LLC, an entity associated with Texas monetization firm IPValuation Partners, LLC (d/b/a IPVal), recorded the assignment of more than two dozen US patents, as well as related international assets, from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV). A day earlier, the NPE had asserted the first of those received patents—one generally related call screening through a three-way connection—in litigation, accusing NEC (6:19-cv-00597) of infringement through the provision of NEC DSX80/DSX160 telephone systems, with allegations focused on the “Live Call Screening” feature that allows users to listen in on the caller’s voicemail message real time.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics