Private Equity-Backed Display Panel Campaign Sees Sixth Defendant Added…and Its First Answer
Solas OLED Limited has added a sixth case to its display panel campaign, hitting HP (6:19-cv-00631) over the provision of Spectre x360 Laptops. HP joins Alphabet (Google), Apple, Dell, LG Display and LG Electronics (LGE) (named in the same complaint), and Sony as defendants in the Western District of Texas, each of which has yet to file an answer (or otherwise respond to) the complaint filed against it; Samsung, a defendant in the Eastern District of Texas, has answered, pleading counterclaims for noninfringement and invalidity, as well as a counterclaim for unenforceability of one of the three patents asserted against it, based on alleged inequitable conduct before the USPTO.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics