American Patents Revives Its First Litigation Campaign over Former IV Patents
American Patents LLC has revived its first litigation campaign, begun in September 2018, with cases filed against D-Link (4:19-cv-00764), TP-Link (4:19-cv-00765), and Tsinghua Tongfang (4:19-cv-00763) in the Eastern District of Texas. The NPE asserts three patents generally related to interactions between “smart” devices and communication networks. Across its complaints, American Patents targets—with patents received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV)—D-Link’s Wireless AC1200 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit routers, TP-Link’s Omada AC1350 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point products, and Tsinghua Tongfang’s Westinghouse LED Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR smart TVs over their Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics