More Defendants Added to Virtual Reality Platforms Campaign Following Multiple Apparent Settlements in Texas
Following recent, apparent settlements with multiple defendants in the Eastern District of Texas as well as a ruling—and subsequent refiling—against HTC in that court, Motiva Patents, LLC has expanded its VR platforms campaign, begun in October 2018, with a single case filed against Acer, ASUSTek, HP, Lenovo Group, Microsoft, and Samsung (9:19-cv-00194) (also brought in the Eastern District of Texas). The asserted patents generally relate to providing a user with feedback based on a wireless device tracking that user’s movement, with the new suits targeting the defendants over the sale or provision of the HP Reverb (as to HP) and Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR platforms (as to all defendants).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics