Email Attachment Detection at Issue in New Texas Complaint
Inventor-controlled E-Attach LLC has sued Alphabet (Google) (6:19-cv-00633) over the provision of its Gmail platform. The complaint, filed in the Western District of Texas, targets the “forgotten attachment detector” feature of the platform with a single patent broadly directed to parsing an email before sending for “clues” as to user intent or desire for customization.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics