AGIS Software, Staunchly Committed to Litigation in Texas, Files Next Wave of Cases There
As the last of the suits in its June 2017 wave ends, AGIS Software Development LLC has filed another, accusing Alphabet (Google, Waze Mobile) (2:19-cv-00361, 2:19-cv-00359) and Samsung (2:19-cv-00362) of infringing various members of a family of patents generally related to messaging on mobile devices. The plaintiff appears as committed as ever to litigating in Texas, where it was formed in June 2017, again filing in the Eastern District there. AGIS Software immediately dismissed its first-wave suit against ZTE in the Eastern District of Texas after District Judge Rodney Gilstrap ordered the case transferred to the Northern District of California for improper venue in Texas.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics