American Patents Ramps Up in the Eastern District of Texas
The October revival of the first litigation campaign of American Patents LLC continued in November with new suits filed against Hon Hai (Foxconn Interconnect Technology) (4:19-cv-00799), HP Enterprise (HPE) (4:19-cv-00798), and Unizyx Holding (Zyxel Communications) (4:19-cv-00800). Last month, the NPE hit D-Link, TP-Link, and Tsinghua Tongfang, with all six of the recently sued defendants accused of infringing the same three patents, generally related to interactions between “smart” devices and communications networks, through the provision of various networking devices (for Hon Hai, the complaint naming certain Linksys and/or Belkin routers; for HPE, certain Aruba and HPE OfficeConnect access points; and for Zyxel, certain Armor routers) with the devices’ wireless connectivity features (e.g., cellular connectivity, MIMO technology, and Wi-Fi) at issue.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics