Longhorn HD’s Cloud Security Campaign, Dormant Since July, Gins Back Up
Since its January 2018 formation, Longhorn HD LLC has filed two litigation campaigns, both over patents formerly held by Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV), the plaintiff adding separate suits against Check Point Software Technologies (2:19-cv-00384) and Juniper Networks (2:19-cv-00385) to the second of those campaigns just this past week. The asserted patents generally relate to networking, including gateways, security, and virtual private networks, with infringement allegations targeting the provision of a wide variety of products, including “security gateways, routers, control system security appliance, clouds, and components and software that provide firewall, VPN, IPSec, DNS, IDS/IPS, and selective network address-based communication, mobile security, and threat protection”.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics