First AT&T, Then Cox, Now Charter
In late September it was Cox Communications, and now in early December Centre One has filed suit against Charter Communications (8:19-cv-02317). The plaintiff asserts the same six patents, broadly directed to voice communications using an interface or gateway system between an IP network, such as a premise-based IP network, and a public switched telephone network (PSTN), with infringement allegations targeting voice over IP (VoIP) services that switch calls between PSTN and VoIP networks. AT&T is also in suit in this campaign, which began in 2008 but was revived in 2018.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics