Northern California Reboot of Princeps Keyboard Campaign Features Plaintiff "Secundus"
- January 11, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
“Princeps” is apparently a Latin word meaning “one that is first”, making apt the name of the new plaintiff—Princeps Secundus LLC—to take over the campaign that Princeps Interface Technologies LLC (PIT) tried to launch last summer. Princeps Secundus has filed its first affirmative cases in the reboot, suing ASUSTek (5:20-cv-00205) and Samsung (3:20-cv-00201) in the Northern District of California. The suits join declaratory judgment actions there, one filed by each of Alphabet (Google) and Apple, in which amended complaints were filed to add Princeps Secundus as a defendant after the recordation of a set of November 2019 assignments moving the asserted “universal keyboard” patent to Princeps Secundus from PIT.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics