Akoloutheo Expands SaaS Campaign in First Suit of 2020
Akoloutheo, LLC has expanded its first litigation campaign, launched in February 2018, with a new suit against Microsoft (4:20-cv-00009) in the Eastern District of Texas. The sole patent asserted generally relates to “controlling transactions between providers and consumers of information services”. In its complaint, the NPE targets Microsoft’s Azure Software as a Service (SaaS) products, including Azure Cognitive Search, Azure Media Service, Azure App Service, and Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN). The new suit follows the August 2018 dismissal of the only two cases in the campaign to persist meaningfully past the pleadings stage.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics