Castlemorton Hits More Defendants in Week Two of New Wireless Campaign
The second week of Castlemorton Wireless, LLC’s new wireless communications campaign has seen multiple new defendants added to the 15 already in suit: Altice (6:20-cv-00038), Mitel Networks (6:20-cv-00049), and Plantronics (6:20-cv-00056) in the Western District of Texas and D-Link (5:20-cv-00010) in the Eastern District of Texas. The last case has been initially assigned to District Judge Robert W. Schroeder III, while the other three have been added to District Judge Alan D. Albright’s docket. As illustrated in RPX’s recent report on patent litigation and the patent marketplace for the fourth quarter of 2019, since Judge Albright’s appointment to the bench, the Western District of Texas has steadily risen in popularity, now to the second most popular district for NPE litigation (jumping ahead of the Eastern District of Texas) and the third most popular district for all patent cases.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics