Predictive Search Campaign Hits Facebook
- February 5, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: E-Commerce and Software
MasterObjects, Inc. has filed a new lawsuit in the litigation campaign over four patents from a family generally related to the use of asynchronous client-server communications to facilitate search. The latest—and only active—defendant is Facebook (6:20-cv-00087), sued in the Western District of Texas over the provision of its predictive search engine, Typeahead (frontend system) and Unicorn (backend system). The last suit in the campaign, against eBay, ended in December 2018 after a MasterObjects win before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) triggered an end to a stay imposed in the district court litigation.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!