In New Suit, Profectus Targets Google’s Next Hub Products as “Mountable” Digital Picture Frames
Profectus Technology LLC has filed suit against Alphabet (Google) (6:20-cv-00101) in the Western District of Texas, accusing the defendant of infringing a single patent through the provision of the Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max. The asserted patent generally relates to a “mountable” digital picture frame, with infringement allegations focused on the accused products’ ability to display photos, with Profectus attaching a claim chart indicating that the devices’ built-in stands satisfy that “mountable” limitation. That limitation was the basis of a summary judgment ruling against Profectus on infringement in many of the cases filed in 2011 to start this campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics