In Long-Running Mobile Devices Campaign, Federal Circuit Remands, Ironworks Sues Motorola Mobility
In the wake of the Federal Circuit’s remand back to the Northern District of California a case that Ironworks Patents LLC brought against Samsung years ago, the NPE has filed suit against Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (1:20-cv-01357) in the Northern District of Illinois. The three asserted patents generally relate to alerts (e.g., volume reduction, custom vibration), claims of each targeted at various features of Motorola Mobility smartphones and each having frequently appeared in the Ironworks campaign, begun back in March 2010. In a February 21, 2020 decision, the Federal Circuit corrected two claim constructions by District Judge Haywood S. Gilliam Jr., remanding for further proceedings given that those constructions formed the basis of stipulated final judgments before the district court.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics